Never given blood? If you can, you should!!! You truly are saving a life of a neighbor in your community. Check out www.GiveBloodNow.com for more info.
The Blood Center is in the ACC Building across from Marion General Hospital (3300 North Wabash Ave. Suite G-10, Marion, IN 46953). For questions or to schedule an appointment call #765.662.4630. (They will also take walk-ins!)
The blood center has new hours
Monday & Tuesday: 11am - 7pm
Wednesday: 9am - 3pm
Thursday & Friday: 8am - 4:30pm
Reminders for a better donation experience
- Eat breakfast or lunch before your donation.
- Drink extra water and fluids to replace the volume you will donate.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- Enjoy the good feeling that comes with knowing that you have saved as many as 3 lives with your 1 donation!
- Must be in good general health and feel well
- Must weigh at least 110 pounds
- Must be 17 years old, or 16 with written parental consent
- Must wait 12 months after having a tattoo applied or ear or body piercing
- Must not have any open cuts
- Must not be pregnant
- Must be symptom free of cold or flu for 72 hours
Most people taking medications, even prescription medications, are accepted as blood donors. Please bring a list of your medications with you to your blood donation. You may also want to call (574) 234-1157 before your donation to see if you are eligible to donate.
Note on International Travel
Anyone that has recently traveled to or lived in a malarial risk area will be temporarily deferred from donating blood. There is a 12-month deferral if you were in a risk area for 6 months or less; there is a 3-year deferral if you were in a risk area for more than 6 months. Please call (574) 234-1157 you have questions about your recent travels and donation eligibility.
Travel to the United Kingdom may also result in a deferral. You will not be able to donate blood if you fall into any of the following restrictions:
- If your time spent in the United Kingdom adds up to 3 months or more from 1980-1996. The United Kingdom includes England, N. Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands.
- If your time spent in Europe adds up to 5 years or more since 1980.
- If you spent 6 months or more on a military base in northern Europe from 1980 1990 or in southern Europe from 1980-1996.