Monday, February 17, 2014

SwapaDVD.com - Out with the old, in with the new

I'm taking my boys to see my Dad over their spring break.  We'll be flying from Indy to Boise, via Denver, so we have multiple hours on the plane.  Trying to think ahead about entertainment, I was reminded that all of the DVDs that used to keep my boys entertained mindlessly for hours on a plane (Dora, Backyardigans, etc.), no longer hold their interest.  So, I revisited a site I haven't been on in a while.

Have you heard of SwapaDVD.com?  It is a great site/program - easy to use.  Basically, you list any DVDs you have for sale, others request them, you mail them directly to the person who requested it (with the help of easy mailing labels printed out from the SwapaDVD system), and then you have "credits" to shop their system with for any DVDs others have.  I spent about 25 minutes loading in the list of DVDs my boys no longer watch, and within days I had requests to mail 5 DVDs, which got me 5 credits to get new movies for the flight for my boys to Boise!

I admit, I was a little sad about trading in Dora for Superheros cartoons, but my boys are still pretty stinkin' cute, so I'll be okay.  :)

If you haven't tried the site/program before, I recommend it.  I almost just took the DVDs down to the  kids consignment store here, but am glad I spent a few minutes to enter them instead as 5 new super hero videos are worth a lot more to me than the $5 I would have gotten at the consignment shop.

Check it out!   www.SwapaDVD.com

No comments:

Post a Comment