Trunk or Treat -Have your kids dress up in their costumes and take them to this safe, family-friendly fall event.
Saturday, Oct. 23 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Liberty Baptist Church
517 Church Street
Sweetser, IN 46987
Spencer's Farm - Need some pumpkins, apples, gourds? If you haven't visited Spencer's, I highly recommend it! It is a great family farm with in-season produce at excellent prices! They also have cage-free eggs for only $1.50/dozen!
Directions: from Marion, go EAST on 38th Street for 15-20 minutes. The farm is on your right, and has a sign out on the street.
Campbell's Pumpkin Patch in Wabash, IN - Fall family fun that is affordable! Take a hay ride, do the corn maze, feed the animals, let your kids jump in a giant pumpkin while you enjoy a cup of cider and a piece of pumpkin pie, and, of course, pick up a pumpkin and a mum!
Not a "pick-your-own", but still a beautiful orchard that makes a fun outing.
Address:? 5588 County Road N 1250 East Converse, IN 46919
Hours: Monday – Saturday: 9 AM – 5 PM, Sunday: 12 PM – 5 PM
Extras: 35 varieties of Apples, jelly and jams, gourds, squash, peaches, honey, cider
What should you do with all of these apples once you get them? I suggest an Awesome Apple Crisp from Food.com (received 5 stars!).
Awesome Apple Crisp Ingredients:
- 10 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water (I may try omitting the water next time)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
- 1 Peel& slice your apples and place in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2 Mix sugar, 1 tbsp.
- 3 flour& cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples.
- 4 Pour water evenly over all.
- 5 (and lemon juice if using) Combine the toppping ingredients until crumbly and spread all over apples.
- 6 Bake at 350 for about 45 mins.
- 7 I serve topped with vanilla ice cream!
- 8 YUM!
What else do you know about that is going on in the area this weekend? Post your activity in the comments section below.