Friday, April 27th from 6pm -8pm
Saturday, April 28th from 11am - 2pm
Event is at the municipal building parking lot in downtown Marion.
Did you know that...
- Unused or expired Rx medications are a public safety issue (leading to accidental poisoning, overdose and abuse?)
- Pharmaceutical drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a prescription/doctor's supervision?
- The non-medical use of Rx drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most common form of drug abuse in America?
- The majority of teens abuse Rx drugs by getting them from family & friends' homes?
- Unused Rx drugs throw in in the trash can be retrieved and abused or sold illegally.
- Unused drugs that are flushed down the toilet contaminate the water supply
- Proper disposal of unused drugs saves lives and protects the environment.
Note: all containers will be destroyed along with medications, so you can just drop the whole container off.
Questions? Contact Pam Kirklin at Marion Utilities at #664.2391 x128