Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day - Sunday, April 22, 2012 - FREE Entrance into Nat'l Parks all Week!

Monday, April 23 is Earth Day, and in honor of Earth Day the National Parks are offering FREE entrance into over 300 National Parks through April 29th.  For more info, click HERE.   

Not near a National Park but want to do something to celebrate Earth Day?  Here is an idea... how about a clean-up day in your neighborhood?  My neighborhood association sponsored a clean-up day for our neighborhood this weekend, and it was a GREAT opportunity for my entire family to walk around and pick up trash while teaching my kids respect for the Earth, and for our neighbors.  A lesson I'm hoping will stick with them! 

Another idea... visit your local library.  I know that the Marion Public Library (and I'm sure many others) have GREAT books and exhibits out for Earth Day.  Learn something new.... and teach your kids too!

No comments:

Post a Comment