Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Green Monster (a.k.a HULK Smoothie) - Worth trying!

I've been seeing recipes for Green Monster smoothies floating around on blogs for a while now, and I finally decided to try one.  I'm glad I did!  It not only was good, filling, and healthy (lots of calories, but lots of protein & other good stuff too!), my kids think it is the greatest thing in the world, as I've called it my "Hulk Smoothie", and for my super hero boys this has been a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, as much as my boys love it for me to drink it, only one of my boys was brave enough to try it - and even then he only had a sip.  He admitted it was pretty good (it really just tastes like a peanut butter banana smoothie), but stopped at a sip.  I think he's nervous he might turn into the Hulk.  :)

So, be adventurous - TRY IT!  Like me, you may be glad you did! 

Green Monster Smoothie

 Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe banana (even better if frozen!)
  • 1 cup baby spinach (the original recipe calls for 2 cups, I've only been brave enough for 1!)
  • 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (unsweetened if you're brave)
  • 1/2 cup honey or vanilla Greek yogurt (you can use plain and add a little honey)
  • 1/2 cup ice

No comments:

Post a Comment